Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The John Lee Hooker Room, Sam's cruel jokes, and what happens if your insides fall out of your bum hole.... Here it is, the tour diary continues!



So, after Soest, we drove to one of my most favourite clubs in the world, 'The Blues Garage' in Hannover. The club is run by our friend Henry and his family. Herny also runs 'Motel California', the coolest hotel in all of Germany. All the rooms are stunning and homely and decorated with artist memorabilia. I chose my usual room there, the 'John Lee Hooker' room which has a huge carving/painting of John Lee on the wall, guitars and amps everywhere, and an organ in the corner which you're allowed to play. The show was fantastic. We had a large and passionate audience who were all up for a party, singing and clapping along from start to finish. It was a really great night.

The following day we played Museumskeller in Hannover. The venue is like an underground cave which is pretty cool and again the place was packed. It was an interesting night... I was ready to murder Sam. Thomas Ruf was rushing us out of the back stage room and onto the stage to start the show just as I realised Miss Fish had posted two of the most horrific photo's ever taken of me onto my facebook wall. One was me asleep in the van with my mouth wide open and the other was a photo I had to get a fan to remove from facebook page several months back because I appeared to have developed an extra 30 chins from somewhere. I was so embarrassed; I couldn't believe she'd be so mean (Yes, Sam Fish... Mean!) and obviously her, Vicky and Denis found the whole thing hilarious! So, I did my best to laugh at the joke even though I was struggelling to find it funny. In my panic trying to get the photo's off of facebook as Thomas was shouting at me to get on stage, I unfriended Sam as my facebook friend. Sam and I found this funny, I could never fall out with Sam for real, even when she does play harsh jokes on me. But when Sam posted on her facebook status "Dani Wilde has unfriended me", her loyal American fans didn't realise the two of us were joking and immediately turned on me. I was relieved when Sam told them it was all a big joke.

The following day was a much needed day off. I feel when i've played over eight gigs in a row my ears stop working properly and it's hard to concentrate. I spent my day off reading my Nelson Mandela Biography (I've read lots of them; he's a hero of mine), sleeping and then going out for a nice meal with the girls and Denis in the evening. Then we finished up in Sam's room eating Rolo's Chocolates and drinking her birthday Champagne. That was fun! The conversation us girls have is always hilarious. It's not sweet girls conversation, oh no... I think the topic just before I left to go to bed was that of prolapsed wombs, and what happens if the inside of your anus falls out! I think it's a musician thing, to be just a little bit disgusting at times!

Yesterday we were happy to be back at a great venue called Colos-Saal. We were all coming down with colds and having to drink plenty of multivitamin drinks but it was still a great show and I think I played some of my best guitar yet. 'Mississippi Kisses' was very fun. Today we are at a beautiful theatre 'Reithalle in Offenburg'. Big thank you to the soundmen for helping me to raise the action on my guitar with a wrench (I left my allen key at home). My big high bends sound as they are supposed to again now and I can wait to get out there and play. One hour of chilling backstage and then it's time to rock n roll! Can't wait!

Dani xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment